The smoothie is a worthwhile concoction. Throw everything in a blender, set to high speed, pour into a glass/cup/thermos, and gulp down. Yogurt, raspberries, and orange zest. Blueberries and skim milk. Pomegranate juice, orange juice, and protein powder. It's a quick and easy way to start the day (or end it) and saves me from having to cut, chop, dice, rinse, and wash in order to have a meal.

Today, it was the banana/peanut butter one. Scrumptious, slightly sweet, satisfying, and very, very, smoooooth. With chocolate soy milk, I bumped up the protein factor, but, really, I was just too lazy to make eggs. So, this was a great substitute.
My relationship with the smoothie has lasted over 5 years, beginning with my purchase of a smoothie "cookbook." I've learned a lot about smoothies from that book: like how cantaloupe doesn't work as well as I would have thought, and how silken tofu will gel back up to solid form after it's been blended and added to other ingredients. Yuck.
Today's recipe:
2 ripe bananas, peeled and broken into chunks
2 Tbsp peanut butter
2 cups chocolate soy milk
6 ice cubes
Toss first 3 ingredients in blender. Pulse at high speed or "liquefy" option for 30 seconds, then set on high speed for 2 minutes. Add ice cubes one at a time until crushed or dissolved. ENJOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment